CourseCurso de GeologíaMedellín, Colombia.
7 de Noviembre de 2022.
The Mineral Deposits of Colombia, Panama & Ecuador • 15th Nov.
This course will provide an introduction to the regional geology, tectonics and terranes in Ecuador and the broader region, including the metallogenic belts and metallogenesis of Panama, Colombia and Ecuador.
- The Regional Geology, Tectonics and Terranes of Panama, Colombia and Ecuador
- The Metallogenic Belts and Metallogenesis of Panama, Colombia and Ecuador
- The Jurassic and Cretaceous Gold‐Copper Belts of Colombia
- The Jurassic Gold‐Copper Belt of the Eastern Cordillera, Ecuador
- Mineral Deposits of Gold, Copper, Manganese, Nickel and Platinum Related to the Cretaceous and Paleogene Oceanic Terranes of Panama and the Western Cordillera of Colombia and Ecuador
- Porphyry Copper‐Gold Deposits of the Paleogene Arc of Panama and the Western Cordillera of Colombia and Ecuador
- The Oligocene‐Miocene‐Pliocene Gold‐Copper Belts of Panama
- The Miocene Gold‐Copper Belts of Colombia – the Middle Cauca, Southern Colombia, and California‐Vetas Gold Belts
- The Miocene Copper‐Gold Belts of the Western Cordillera, Ecuador
Dr Stewart Redwood
Dr. Stewart D. Redwood, BSc (Hons), PhD, FGS, FIMMM, FSA Scot, Fellow SEG is a consulting economic geologist from Scotland who lives in Panama City. He has over 35 years metals exploration experience worldwide with specialisation in Latin America and the Caribbean. He has a BSc (Hons) degree in geology from the University of Glasgow (1982) and a PhD in geology from the University of Aberdeen (1986) for his research on the gold, silver, copper and tin deposits of Bolivia. He worked for the British Geological Survey in the Scottish Highlands and Oceaneering in Norway before moving to South America. He worked for Mintec S.A., Bolivia (Director of Exploration), BHP, Metall Mining Corp., Inmet Mining, Cia Minera Antamina and AngloGold (Chief Geologist, South America), and was co-founder of several junior companies including GoldQuest Mining Corp., Colombia Goldfields, Caribbean Copper & Gold Corp. and Horizonte Minerals. He has written more than 800 reports including 36 NI 43-101 technical reports. He has published 33 peer-reviewed papers, book chapters and maps, and more than 200 articles, abstracts, field guides and short course manuals.