CGS2017 was a great success so many thanks to the event sponsors and exhibitors, the speakers and the delegates.
We had about 320 delegates in all, the geology short course with Dr Stewart Redwood was full and about 50 people went on site visits after the event.
There were many highlights for me as organizer but some of the ones that really stick out are Rick Rule: his keynote presentation, the Mining Journal podcast we recorded and dinner with him and his wife. An almost endless stream of knowledge and insight, the overwhelmingly positive feedback and encouragement i received from everyone, and one of the best speaker agendas that I have ever seen in a conference.
Particular highlights from the speaker programme included:
- Just how massive Solgold’s Cascabel project may end up being
- The amount Continental Gold plans to drill over the next two years
- The tunnel boring machine that Minesa will use to help build its Soto Norte mine
- The number of companies testing the Cycladex process for gold processing that doesn’t use cyanide
- The frank update of the fix underway at Red Eagle Mining’s San Ramon mine
- The water presentation by Patrick Williamson of Intera
- And Tim Coughlin talking through the post-war social aspects of what it is looking to do in Nariño
The presentations will be put on Colombiagold.co as soon as the web designer can sort that out.
Many thanks for everyone that participated and combined ti make this a higjly successful event and i look forward to welcoming you all again next year.
Thank you everyone