Hi, it has been a busy week as I work on a long feature about Central America for Mining Journal that will be published in April and prepare to attend the CRU International Copper Conference in Chile in early April. I also confirmed to be one of the moderators at Mines & Money New York 3-4 May.
I had several meetings this week with EME2, the group that will help me put on the 2017 Colombia Gold Symposium. We have finalized most of the details and plan to start promoting and commercializing the event on April 17th so we aim to have the webpage updated by then. Big thanks to Mark at IKN who confirmed as the first event sponsor. We aim to make this year’s event bigger and better than last year’s, including a geology short course and core shack; more details shortly.
Finally, I sat down with my web designer to go over the new webpage for the Colombia Gold Letter. it is looking very good and close to being able to go live and this blog will be part of the regular updates to it.
Here is the quickfire roundup of the weeks exploration news in the region that will be covered more deeply in Colombia Gold Letter at the start of next month.
- In Colombia, Angel Gold reports that a ground geophysical survey at its El Porvenir project returned strong IP chargeability responses. Pacifico Minerals said channel sampling at its Berrio project returned 60cm @ 17.63 g/t Au & 243 g/t Ag in sample #44321 and prospecting identified a previously unrecognised structure in the Segovia Batholith.
- In Ecuador, Salazar Resources reported results from the first twelve holes of the phase V diamond drill programme at the Curipamba VMS project that aims to expand the El Domo deposit. Highlights include 14.43m @ 2.65 g/t Au, 10.58 g/t Ag, 1.32% Cu and 6.63% Zn in hole CURI-218. Lumina Gold initiated a 12,000m infill diamond drill programme at its Cangrejos Au-Cu project in El Oro. The drilling will infill a large part of the inferred mineral resources to upgrade them to the indicated category.
- In Nicaragua, Calibre Mining reported that drilling on the Siuna project south of the Cerro Aeropuerto Au deposit, returned intercepts including 1.52m @ 48.8 g/t Au.
- In Honduras, Ascendant Resources reported that march production is averaging 1,745 tpd as it optimizes the El Mochito lead mine, as it targets reaching 2,200 tpd.
- In French Guiana, Columbus Gold reported a feasibility study for its Montagne d’Or gold project with a post-tax NPV of US$370M at a 5% discount rate, a post-tax IRR of 18.7% at an assumed gold price of $1,250 per ounce with initial capex of $361M.